From the El Paso to Dayton, we are seeing the rise fascist, white supremacist terrorists attacks alongside the growth of concentration camps and racist mass incarceration. We believe that the working class, once organized, is the only way to stop this fascist movement.
Organizers and individuals are working to form the Workers Solidarity Network in Philadelphia as an effort to build greater solidarity with migrants, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, all workers fighting to build power on the job, incarcerated workers and everyone under attack by the racist, capitalist system.
At this meeting we will be discussing an initiative to build a campaign targeting major corporations based in Philadelphia calling on them to divest from all concentration camps, including those for migrants, asylum-seekers, and Black, Brown and all workers in the USA who happen to be incarcerated.
We will also be taking up other ideas on how we can build broader worker solidarity in these times of growing crisis! Join us and bring you ideas for campaigns!
WHAT IS THE INTERNATIONAL WORKERS SOLIDARITY NETWORK?
The Philadelphia Workers Solidarity Network, a chapter of the International Workers Solidarity Network, is for all workers who are fed up and ready to fight back. We're outraged at Trump and at ICE’s war on migrant workers. We see our communities and our loved ones under attack by the cops every day. We're sick and tired of being forced to work two or three jobs to make ends meet, of working dangerous and low pay gig jobs, of having to deal with racist and sexist bosses. We know that something must be done to stop corporations from destroying our communities and the planet. Instead of spending nearly $1 trillion on the military, or threatening people around the globe with sanctions and war, we want that money spent on jobs, healthcare, and housing. Our biggest enemies are not in Venezuela, Iran, or any other country, but instead sit in corporate boardrooms, gentrify our neighborhoods, and drown us in student loan debt.
Let’s struggle together to make the changes we so urgently need here and around the world. Workers are building the Philly Workers Solidarity Network to unite our struggles - if you agree that we need to stick together and fight, join the Philly Workers Solidarity Network!
We believe that all struggles are workers struggles
* No walls in the workers struggle! Solidarity with asylum seekers, migrant workers and incarcerated workers! Tear down the walls!
* Fight the banks and billionaires - Gentrification, foreclosures, student debt. Beat back Wall Street rule! All workers deserve rights on the job, unions and union wages, healthcare, housing, and justice!
* Fight racism! End police brutality!
* Fight gender oppression and support LGBTQ struggles! Trans liberation now!
* International Solidarity is a must. Oppose U.S. wars and interventions!
* Fight environmental exploitation and environmental racism! Capitalism means climate change, forced migration and more death - the Pentagon is the world’s biggest polluter
We are building a network of workers, activists and organizers that will raise working class solidarity through:
* Tools and Resources: Workers Solidarity Hotline, workplace organizing trainings, worker surveys and more. The bosses are organized, so we need to be, too!
* Building Power: Strike and unionization support, broad community outreach for workers struggles, solidarity rallies and marches. Let's show them that workers know how to fight back!
* Workers Assemblies: Building citywide regular meetings to unite struggles and strategize on how to expand the struggle of workers. Expand our reach, listen to the people of the city, and build a bottom-up forum for all of us!