Philly Asian Americans Rising (PAAR) invites you to join us in our first event of 2019, RISE UP, where we will engage in a safe space and open forum to talk about the challenges, opportunities, and needs of Asian Americans in the civic and political arena.
PAAR’s mission is to create an ethnically diverse community of young, empowered, and civically engaged Asian Americans in Philadelphia. By promoting dialogue and action around Asian American issues, PAAR seeks to elevate the next generation of progressive leaders. You will have the opportunity to hear from, and share your perspectives on what it means to be Asian American today, especially as it relates to issues of identity, community, empowerment, and engagement. Our invited guests will then come to the stage for a moderated panel discussion on their respective journeys navigating the civic and political terrain as Asian American leaders.
Invited speakers include:
- Kay Yu - Attorney, community organizer, candidate for Judge (Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas)
- Nina Ahmad - Former Pennsylvania Lt. Governor candidate, EVP of JNA Capital
- Anuj Gupta - General Manager of Reading Terminal Market
- Raymond John - Cofounder/CEO of 12 Plus
- Neil Makhija (moderator) - Attorney, lecturer, activist
Please REGISTER for this free event using the Ticketleap link above. We look forward to seeing you on Monday, April 15, 2019 at the InterAct Theatre for a conversation between now and rising leaders of the Asian American community in Philadelphia. We will also share opportunities on how you can join the PAAR team!