Women experience a workplace—and a world—skewed in favor of men, and women of color face even greater challenges.
Women are paid just a fraction of what men make dollar for dollar, and we face many unique challenges at work:
- Sexual harassment and discrimination
- Unpredictable schedules that make it impossible to plan childcare or budgets
- Over-representation in low-wage jobs
- Unmet accommodations for breastfeeding and childcare
- Under-representation in leadership and management positions
Join us for a panel on the issues facing women in the workplace—from breastfeeding and childcare to sexual harassment, discrimination, and the wage gap—and learn how women are fighting for change and what YOU can do to help.
Featuring Seattle City Councilmember Lorena González, Inquirer reporter Juliana Reyes, Women's Medical Fund Executive Director Elicia Gonzales, Women's Law Project Executive Director Carol Tracy
Sponsored by: The Philadelphia Commission for Women, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Public Citizens for Children & Youth, Women's Medical Fund, Women's Law Project, Women's Way, One Pennsylvania, and Community Legal Services